Monday, January 8, 2018

Packing Up Christmas




Today is start of the "Big Pack" week.


I am spending this week taking down Christmas decorations and packing them up, to bring them back downstairs to put into the spidery crawl space.

It's depressing.

No Nativity scene.

No lights.

No tree.

No can of pine scent spray.

No cutesy Hallmark singing snowman.

No wreaths.

No snowflake stuff on the front door.

No Advent calendar and candles.

No staircase garlands.

No elf basket with Christmas cards.

No bows.

No tinsel clinging to the carpet. (nah, I'll be vacuuming it up until September).


Nothing...



It's really depressing, because the all the neighbors are doing the same thing.



My DH and DD are depressed also. ( I don't know why because I have to do all the packing. They get off easy-LOL).



Why can't we keep this stuff up all year?



Or as my DD says "Lets keep Christmas in our hearts all year, so that it does NOT go away."



Sound familiar? Yeah I thought so.


But still worth remembering.


From the Dicken's Christmas Carol

"I will honour Christmas in my heart, and try to keep it all the year. I will live in the Past, the Present, and the Future. The Spirits of all Three shall strive within me. I will not shut out the lessons that they teach. "E. Scrooge



2 comments:

CrankyOtter said...

I was talking to someone who had a retail shop recently. They said January was always the time they sold the most pictures because people felt their houses were empty after they took down the holiday items. So even though you know it would be sad to have christmas stuff still set up in July, and you'll be excited about it all over again next year, it doesn't help NOW.

But maybe you can have a family redecoration plan where you decide to put some new pictures up - something happy and sunny - and then go back to the regular ol' decorations when summer comes. Even have the kids paint something that makes them happy and put up a big display of that for a while. Just a thought.

DebbieKinIL said...

Good ideas- DD has lots of ideas for decorating. Can we say Hannah Montana posters? -LOL

Really, I didn't know that about Jan sales- very interesting and a way to break out of the blues.